Sunday, June 26, 2011

*SOLD* Fire Priestess Bracelet: Red Cinnabar & Antiqued Copper


I love the rich colors in this bracelet.  I've paired antiqued copper beads, with intricate floral detail, and rich, red cinnabar beads to create a fiery design.  (A fire priestess, or fire sign, wouldn't leave home without it!)



I bought the smaller cinnabar beads about five years ago and never incorporated them into a design.  These oval beads feature a deeply carved floral pattern, are 5/8" wide and 1/2" tall.  I placed them temporarily in a few arrangements, but never felt I had the right combination of elements.  Everything changed when I paired the beads with the large circular focal piece and this one-of-a-kind piece was born. 



The focal red cinnabar bead has a floral wreath pattern and a carved center with an Asian design.  This piece measures 1 1/8" in diameter.  The antiqued copper beads create balance and  daisy spacers add drama and interest. 





By the way, in Chinese and other East Asian cultures, red has long been associated with luck and happiness, so wearing this bracelet can only be good for you!


Clasped, this bracelet measures 7 ½".  From both ends of the toggle clasp, it measures 9".  This lightweight bracelet will work best for medium to large wrists.  For reference, though, it looks great on my 6" wrist.




No comments:

Post a Comment