Wednesday, September 14, 2011

River's Way Bracelet: Custom Order

A custom order with an inspired, yet spontaneous, design...

River's Way


The owner of this bracelet gave me free reign with a design, and because she is a dear friend, I wanted it to be unique, very wearable, and reflective of her personality.  I thought my Teagan bracelet would be a nice foundation to base this new design on because of it's versatility and color scheme (blue is the owner's favorite color).  
 
This bracelet, of an intentional asymmetrical design, features blue-green mosaic turquoise, turquoise blue chips, a gunmetal wire globe, and a lucky fish charm near the Tibetan silver toggle clasp.  Asymmetrical placements intrigue me because I feel they they add movement and liveliness to designs..  When I completed this bracelet, the first image that came to mind was the movement of a bright blue river flowing through a vibrant. fertile landscape; thus, "River's Way" was born. 

 


Turquoise is a powerful healing stone that can help wearers with meditation, balance, and communication.  It is also a protective stone that enhances love, friendship, and loyalty.  Find out more about Turquoise here.   The blue turquoise chips add color and dimension to the off centered focal point of the bracelet.  I've had these blue chips for a long time, and only a limited amount remain.  They are a rich turquoise blue and may be either natural turquoise or dyed howlite.  The lucky fish charm (the only one I have) is suspended by an iris blue stream of Delica seed beads, which adds uniqueness and a touch of youthfulness to the design.


For more one of a kind bracelet designs, see these listings on Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/80301573/white-pink-magnesite-turquoise-black
http://www.etsy.com/listing/78619117/green-empress-bracelet-green-cinnabar
http://www.etsy.com/listing/77650266/lillian-bracelet-yellow-jade-amethyst

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Enjoy the article, I'm Manisha, I really want to say sincerely that this is amazing content that you have shared. thanks for this. it's really very helpful for me.

    Live Current Affairs
    Live Sarkari Naukri
    How to get a Government Job easily
    Facebook Video Download Online
    Sarkari Yojana - PM Modi Yojana

    ReplyDelete