Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's been a great year!


"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do" 
- Rumi
 
Dear friends and fans,

2011 has been a wonderful year!  I am thankful to all of you for your support and encouragement.  I am so happy that I'm able to make pieces that you love to wear and wear in love.  It was around this time last year that I begin to think about making jewelry for myself more regularly and I toyed with the notion of making jewelry for others as well.  By January, I was determined to open a Etsy shop.  Opening the shop and having a line launch were months away, but I began building an inventory based around materials I thought were beautiful.

Rumi's words (see the epigraph above) resonate within me deeply.  Through my jewelry making, I seek to cultivate happiness, love, and beauty in my life and in the lives of others.  I may sound sentimental, but I truly enjoy it all... from a flawless execution of a design to restringing and adjusting a necklace two or three times.

As you may have noticed, I have taken a break from creating during this busy holiday season to focus on my family and to prepare for my comprehensive PhD exams, which will take place in February.  I look forward to making a few pieces in January and February and I should be back to a regular jewelry crafting routine by March.  

In the meantime, I'm planning many designs including multi-strand showstoppers, minimalist earrings, and color-filled necklaces.  You'll also see a Frida Kahlo necklace series, new materials including solid copper and brass and more sterling silver.  And, I'll begin making my own earwires and other metalwork designs as time and practice allow.  I have a lot planned for 2012, and I look forward to sharing my vision and designs with all of you.

Many thanks to you all and happy new year!
Jameela

No comments:

Post a Comment