Friday, February 27, 2015

Long Overdue Update!

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I've posted because I'm nearing the end of my dissertation and PhD program and most of my time has been devoted to writing, revising, and researching. My free time has been devoted to trying to have a little fun! I'm still designing things, I just need to finish some pieces and post them for sale.

In the meantime, enjoy these pictures :-)
 -Jameela


Last October 2014, I created this lovely piece for my Spanish client, Florencia:

Materials used:
Necklace:
-Faceted and Smooth Amazonite (Amazonite is wonderful for writing and communication. It has a calming effect.)
-Faceted Peruvian Pyrite (mirror finish; Pyrite brings good luck!)
-Faceted Pyrite (can be polished)
-Faceted Larkvite
-Red Coral (Coral is a great protective stone.)
-Pink Coral
-Pink Coral Buddha (reconstituted)
-Square Hematite (silver mirror finish; Hematite is great for grounding!)
-White Jade
-White Shell Discs
-Delica seed beads

 Pendant:
-Aquamarine silk thread
-Faceted Ocean Jasper (Ocean Jasper is a protection stone.)
-Red Coral
-Square Hematite (silver mirror finish)
-Pink Coral
-White Shell
-Black/Deep Green Tourmaline (Another great protective stone!)
-Sterling Silver Pins
-Silver Filled Pin
-Delica seed beads







The length is mid-chest: 58.5cm or about 29cm per side
The silver pewter clasp adds 3.5cm to the length

No comments:

Post a Comment