Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Liam Necklace: Brown Mosaic Turquoise and Goldstone for Gene


I'm thankful to Gene for inspiring me to create this necklace and I'm humbled that he's happy with the result!  

When I accepted the challenge of designing my first decidedly masculine necklace, I thought of a long strand of brown turquoise that I'd been unable to successfully incorporate into any previous designs.  I thought the beads were beautiful, but I was at a design stalemate.  So, thanks to a friendly suggestion, "Liam" was born. 


I've named this necklace Liam, an Irish name meaning "strong-willed warrior," mostly because I've liked the name for some time, but I also think the name suits the necklace's energetic properties.  Liam is 21 3/8" and features brown mosaic turquoise, brown goldstone, and an antiqued copper lobster clasp.   I've loved copper-rich goldstone since I discovered it about six years ago in Albuquerque.  Goldstone is known for its ability to clear one's chakras, to help one find courage and strength, and to fill one with light and love (source here).  And because it is copper-rich, goldstone will naturally help ground a restless spirit and help enhance non-verbal communication (source here).


Each piece of mosaic turquoise is unique and quite beautiful.  Mosaic turquoise is a blend of turquoise and magnesite.  Turquoise is a powerful healing stone that can help wearers with meditation, balance, and communication. It is also a protective stone that enhances love, friendship, and loyalty (source here).  Magnesite helps open the third eye and crown chakras and helps dissolves blockages that bind one to the past (source here).  So, altogether, this necklace will enable a sense of calm and enhance intuition and communication while increasing one's courage and strength.

By the way, this necklace has 92 stones in all, which according to this site is "very auspicious."  Cheers to you, Gene!

See more pictures in the previous post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment